Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Looking Down

Griffy spends quite a bit of time in the baba sling. He likes being snuggled and close. I like him being safe and secure but having a free hand or two. And I like him to be happy.

I adore looking down at my babies and gazing into their eyes and staring at their precious little faces. I have always wanted photos of what my eyes see, what I see looking down at them. It is hard to capture.

Here is my little Griff-ster looking up at me . . .



With Griffy's casts, I was instructed how to remove them and told I could of the morning of our appointment. I was looking forward to this so we could give him a bath. Having to be at the hospital at 7.30am, the morning doesn't really allow the time and his skin irritations from the cast confirmed to us that a bath at that time would be pretty nasty. The poor little bloke has rub marks at the inside top thigh where the cast finishes, as well as nasty little areas behind the ankle and behind the knee. To see this on my wee baby totally breaks my heart. Poor little bloke.

Here is Dad removing the cast. Half of it was off - all that white stuff piled up beside the change mat and the second instalment was in progress.



However another physio-type person has said that they would take it off, so this was the only time we did it at home. The current cast, his fourth, will be his last of this stage of therapy. On Monday he has a new cast which stays on for three weeks. Gasp. Three whole weeks. That runny poo that leaks out the sides and touches the cast will be a real challenge with a three week cast.

Why three weeks? Cause he will have a little procedure to cut his left heel's tendon. Sniff, my poor little bloke.

It should all be complete by Christmas, which is lovely news - water play!! Then we move to the next stage involving special shoes.

No comments: